Waarschuwing!Deze vacature is niet langer gepubliceerd.
Technicolor - QACC AUTOMATION ENGINEER (EDEGEM)
Technicolor - QACC AUTOMATION ENGINEER
- As QACC Automation Engineer, you will make important contributions to the increase of efficiency and the decrease of lead times of test cycles as part of the validation phase of IP gateway devices. You will take a leading role in the following activities. First of all, you will advise system integration test (SIT) engineers on how to automate the test cases that they have specified. Also, you'd be organising trainings and workshops for the same audience on the subject of test automation and latest evolutions of Technicolor's test automation framework. You'll keep close contact with the transversal automation group in order to remain up to date with these latest evolutions, but also to escalate issues and to formulate change/implementation requests on the framework. Next, you might be requested to actually develop test scripts yourself, based on written test case descriptions. Typically, you'd be integrating commercial test suites into Technicolor's test automation framework as well.
- You will report to the QACC Competence Manager and in the scope of customer project specific activities to the R&D Project Manager as well.
- Our activities are spread out over our 4 R&D sites worldwide: Edegem (BE), Issy-les-Moulineaux (FR), Beijing (PRC) and Indianapolis (USA). So, you must be able to function correctly in a multi-site and multi-ethnical project team. You are located in Edegem, Belgium.
- A substantial training period is foreseen allowing you to get familiar with all the intimate details of Technicolor's test automation framework. You'll be guided closely by one of the founding guru's of this Technicolor framework in order to get you up to speed as fast as possible.
- Master or Bachelor degree in field of Engineering or Informatics or equivalent by experience
Experience: Some earlier experiences in the field of embedded software testing shall be considered as an advantage. All earlier experiences with scripting languages and with TCL in particular are advantageous.
- Very familiar with Linux OS and environment
- Basic understanding of the following technologies: Ethernet, VLAN, 802.11, USB, ATM and DSL
- Good understanding of the TCP/IP protocol suite (incl. NAT, ALG, VPN, UPnP, DNS, DHCP). Preferably also in an IPv6 context.
- Some hands on experience with IP routers/gateways and IP networks in general
- Any experience with following test tooling is a plus: Wireshark, Spirent Smartbits, Spirent TestCenter, Codenomicon's Defensics
- Familiar with script based programming languages in general, with specific interest for TCL and Bash
- Earlier experiences in field of penetration testing and white hat hacking could be favorable for recommendation
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
- Knowledge of Chinese could be considered as an advantage.
- Well organised and systematic in approach
- Very good communication and presentation skills
- You might have to travel for business on occasions. The duration of those trips should typically be less than 2 weeks and their frequency would be limited to only a few times a year.
- Edegem, Belgium (Specific Cluster)
We offer a competitive remuneration package, with a lot of benefits like meal vouchers, hospitalization and group insurance, free ADSL connection, flexible hours together with career opportunities in a highly advanced technological and innovative environment.
Apply to this position
Technicolor - Thomson Telecom Belgium
Prins Boudewijnlaan 47
2650 Edegem Belgium
+32 (0) 3 443 64 11
+32 (0) 3 433 64 39